Here’s what the Outpost 2008 main window looks like:
What you see is the news section, registration / update info and My Shortcuts.
In Outpost 2009, the My Security page also displays the status of Outpost’s components. If you click on the status type, the corresponding settings will appear. These settings are as follows:
- green represents the optimal choice / variant
- yellow represents a riskier choice
- red represents the most unsafe choice.
- Rules Wizard, Allow Most, Block Most policies
- Stop All
- Firewall disabled
- Optimal, Advanced or Maximum settings
- Host Protection disabled
- Enabled, mail not scanned
- Disabled in compatibility mode
- Updated no more than a day ago
- Updated no more than a week ago
- Updated more than a week ago
- Contact Support (http://www.agnitum.com/support/)
- Click here to test your security online
We believe this new layout will give you greater transparency and ease-of-use. You can easily access any basic setting with a single click and check the status of the different components. It’s easy to adjust the level of security and enable or disable components according to your needs and experience. Plus you’ll never forget important product updates – My Security will remind you in good time.
In summary, the new design makes it quicker and easier for all users to configure the program appropriately for their optimum protection.
To test this yourself, please join our beta program at http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/betatest.php and evaluate the product. As always, you can find our Outpost 2009-related Monday blog posts at http://agnitumblog.blogspot.com/search/label/monday%20update%202009 or subscribe to the RSS feed. There are still more feature notes to come!
See you next Monday!
Take care online,
Chief Software Architect, Agnitum