Tuesday, November 23, 2010
The updated anti-malware engine delivers significant virus detection growth due to increasing coverage of detected malware per 1 signature. Engine comes with the new, optimized algorithms for managing and storing the malware database, which resulted in a drastic, 50% reduction of memory usage.
The new technology is able to combat certain special, hard-to-detect malware. New, controllable emulation component of Anti-Malware module, can now determine the required types of analyses more precisely, which results to:
- Scanning speed improved by up to 20% (measured on archive formats TGZ, ZIP and ARJ, scripts, executable and PDF files),
- PDF scanning module has received higher error tolerance, which is able to handle non-standard files more effectively.
The following issues have been also fixed in Outpost anti-virus products and Outpost Firewall Pro:
- No ability to create rules for domains in РФ (RF, Russia) zone,
- Number of malware/spyware signatures in database was displayed incorrectly.
PS: Outpost Pro products (Security Suite Pro and Antivirus Pro) were just updated at Agnitum web-site for edition 3409.520.1244 (7.0.4) to include new engine by default.
Monday, November 22, 2010
We are pleased to announce the availability of Outpost Security Suite Free 7.0, the first comprehensive full-functional Internet security suite to protect PC users from the full range of cyberthreats at no charge.
Right out of the box, OSS Free provides robust, easy-to-use OS Windows protection with optimal default settings to address web-borne threats including known and zero-day viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and intrusions, spam, and more. The product’s acclaimed proactive protection, coupled with efficient detection and disinfection, make OSS Free a great option for web users everywhere.
Benefits of OSS Free
- The first fully-functional free security suite including anti-spam, etc.
- The latest technology — based on Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.4
- VB100 certified antivirus for all modern Windows versions
- Best-of-breed award-winning personal firewall
- Leak-test and self-defense certified by www.Matousec.com
- Automatic optimal configuration out of the box
- Lightweight solution that doesn’t slow systems down
- Full compatibility with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 — both 32- and 64-bit.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Competing with other seven personal security products (Avira, Dr. Web, ESET, Kaspersky Crystal, Outpost, Panda, Safe'n'Sec, Trend Micro), primarily security suites with a firewall component, Outpost won in all categories:
- Comodo leak tests for intrusion detection and prevention
- Bonus features beyond the firewall
In addition to the core component – the two-way firewall (network filter for inbound and outbound data) which stops inappropriate or malicious access to and from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources, Outpost incorporates proactive behavioral protection that defends against zero-day threats and prevents the leak of confidential data, delivering protection that reflects real-world conditions.
For further information about Outpost 7 and to download a trial version, please visit the Outpost Firewall Pro product page.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010
Since Agnitum Research Lab conducts proactive and regular monitoring of its solutions as well as critical system and registry objects for potential exploits, we can take a few steps ahead of malware writers who may take advantage of veiled system flaws. After a painstaking analysis of registry hives covered by Outpost protection we detected a potential system vulnerability which may affect users of Outpost, versions 7.0 to 7.0.2. To our best knowledge, this previously unnoticed security hole has not been exploited by modern malware so far, but it's better prevent than cure.
Having checked the latest Outpost versions - 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 - for the same issue, we discovered these editions were not affected due to a different algorithm of system object protection employed in these latest solutions. As for now, we have to withhold technical details for security reasons. More information will be revealed as our investigation continues.
In the meantime, it's highly important the affected users download and install Outpost 7.0.4 and stay fully protected.